Credit Card PIN not working

I have a new credit card which I tried to use in a shop yesterday, but it stated on the card machine that the PIN was incorrect. The PIN isn’t incorrect! Any ideas on how to solve this?
  • 5 Replies

Above and beyond
    Hi You need to activate your card before the PIN is recognized.The fastest way to activate it is via the Tesco Mobile Banking App. Just download the app to your phone and it will guide you through the process. https://www.tescobank.com/mobile-banking-app/ Alternatively, you can call to activate your card on 0345 300 4278. You will be asked to enter your 16 digit credit card number so please have this ready.Best Wishes, Chris,
    Hi ,

The card has been activated via the Tesco Bank app and I have made a previous purchase on the card online.

Thanks
    Community superstar
    Hi
    I'm sorry to read about the issues you've had with your card.
    Have you activated your Credit Card?
    The easiest way to activate it is via our Mobile Banking App. Just download the app to your phone and it will guide you through the process.
    Alternatively, you can call 0345 300 4278, available 24/7, and follow the options in the menu to activate your card. You'll be asked to enter your 16 digit credit card number so please have this ready. If you’ve already registered for Online Banking you will also need to enter selected digits from your Security Number. If there are additional card holders on the account then this will also activate their cards.
    If you have activated your card you can send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' so this can be checked out and an appropriate response can be provided.

Click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.

Towards the top right of the page in the blue panel click onto 'Send a Message'.

A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.

Complete it and send your message securely.

Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.

You will get a reply from one of the Tesco Team after they've had chance to look into this for you.

Warm wishes, Caz

Above and beyond
    Hi That sounds really strange, it's possibly a fault on the merchant reader, but more likely that your PIN has been blocked. I would recommend calling 0345 300 4278 to check if your PIN has been blocked. If your PIN is blocked you will need to call anyway as it can't be done online.Best Wishes, Chris,
    Community superstar
    Hi As you've activated your card and used it online it appears to be an issue with your PIN.Either call 0345 300 4278, available 24/7 or send Tesco Bank a private message from here for them to check this out for you.
    Caz