Credit Card PIN Change Timed Out??

Hello....hope someone can help? Just got my new credit card which I've activated but when I tried to change my pin (to something more memorable) it was timed out. I put in the pin I was sent, it asked me for a new one and also to confirm it then hung for a good few minutes with a please wait message, then spat it back out saying the transaction was timed out. I used an ATM that supports Mastercard as suggested in the leaflet I got, but now I'm bit wary to try again incase it swallows the card....do I use original pin or the new one? Is it possible to change the PIN in online banking instead? Any help to this newbie will be greatly appreciated. :)
  • 2 Replies

• Verified Answer

Verified Answer
    Hi ,

Thanks for the info. It wasn't a Co-op atm cant remember the bank branch but it was one outside Morrisons that I use regularly.
    I did what you suggested, played safe and went to one outside a Tesco Express, put in original pin and voila problem solved!! :))

Thanks for your help. :))
    wrote:

Hello

I am sorry you've had this trouble when trying to change your PIN. Can I just check if it was a Co-op ATM that was used? As our cards don't work with these ATMs I'm afraid, even although they're MasterCard enabled. If it wasn't then I would suggest going back to a MasterCard enabled machine and using the original PIN we sent and going through the process again. Can you please get back in touch and let us know how you get on with this? If you have any trouble at all then please send a message to our account explaining your situation whilst including your DOB and postcode so that we can put things right. When sending personal details please ensure you leave a space between each of the characters as shown below.

A B 1 2 3 C D
    0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0

Employee
    Hello

I am sorry you've had this trouble when trying to change your PIN. Can I just check if it was a Co-op ATM that was used? As our cards don't work with these ATMs I'm afraid, even although they're MasterCard enabled. If it wasn't then I would suggest going back to a MasterCard enabled machine and using the original PIN we sent and going through the process again. Can you please get back in touch and let us know how you get on with this? If you have any trouble at all then please send a message to our account explaining your situation whilst including your DOB and postcode so that we can put things right.
    Last edited by ChristinaG; 06-01-21 at 09:50.