Credit Card Late Payment - Credit Rating

Hi, I wonder if you can help. I have a credit card with Tesco Bank. Using the digital banking app, I paid off the full balance of my credit card on either Thursday 3rd January or Friday 4th January I cant remember exactly which day it was. This is the process that I always use and have never had any problems with. I noted that the payment was around £232 and was due by January 7th. I have logged back into the app today, 9th January, to find that I have been given a £12 late payment fee and that the balance is now around £245. I panicked seeing this and paid the full amount again, where i probably should have called up Tesco Bank to query. I later called Tesco Bank to explain and make sure all is OK and was told that I had missed the payment date and so the £12 fee had been added and that there was nothing that could be done about that. The representative told me that she could not see that any payment had been made on the 3rd or 4th. I also have no proof that the money has left my current account, but distinctly recall the app saying that the payment was successful before I closed it. I have no problem making payments on time and only really have the credit card in order to keep up a good credit rating. I am frustrated that my credit scored could be negatively impacted by this technical error which was not any fault of my own. Is there anything that can be done about this? Kind regards,
  • 1 Reply

Former Your Community Expert
    Hi , I'm sorry to hear this. Could you please message directly with your full name, DOB and postcode so we can take a closer look?