Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
93076members
27491posts

Credit Card Direct Debit Payment Reversed

Highlighted
Here to help

Credit Card Direct Debit Payment Reversed

The direct debit payment for my credit card was reversed leaving me with a £12 late payment fee and an extra £15+ in interest. This is very frustating as looking at my current account there was plenty of money in there, the amount left my account on the right day only to be sent back less then 30 minutes later. I even have a message on my tesco account thanking me for payment!

Its more the issue about having a missed payment against me on my credit score, i'm not happy about that at all.  I have paid the balance now using my debit card as I don't like being in debt to anyone. I have just tried phoning 0345 300 4278 the 24/7 contact number to speak to someone only to be told to phone back my an automated messgae as customer services is not open.

Can anyone help me find out what happened with my direct debit payment please?

Thanks in advance

Geoff

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Re: Credit Card Direct Debit Payment Reversed

Hi Geoff, I'm sorry to hear this. Can you please send a private message to Tesco-Bank with your full name, DOB and postcode so we can look into this for you? - Thomas

Highlighted
Here to help

Hi Thomas, thanks for the reply. I have sent a private message to Tesco-Bank as requested

Thanks

Geoff

Highlighted
Here to help

Managed to get this sorted after speaking to the customer services team. As the direct debit hadn't been used in a while it had become dormant and thats why the payment got reversed.

Thank you everyone for there help

Geoff

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

I'm glad to hear it's all sorted, @GeoffClements! - Caroline