Online banking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contactless Credit Card

Just Getting Started

Re: Contactless Credit Card

After Dec 2015 Tesco are doubling the spend for 1 point to a crazy £8. Lack of contactless and this ridiculous increase has pushed me over the edge and applied successfully for an Asda card with 1% on Asda shopping plus 0.5% on everything else. Will miss the club card points all adding up but the cash back opportunities elsewhere will now outweigh the benefits of the Tesco CC.
Just Getting Started

Cjdean1983 wrote:
After Dec 2015 Tesco are doubling the spend for 1 point to a crazy £8. Lack of contactless and this ridiculous increase has pushed me over the edge and applied successfully for an Asda card with 1% on Asda shopping plus 0.5% on everything else. Will miss the club card points all adding up but the cash back opportunities elsewhere will now outweigh the benefits of the Tesco CC.

URL please.  Where did you read this?

Just Getting Started

It's not a technology issue, as I read elsewhere on these forums that your debit cards have contactless chips in.

It must be a legal issue.  Are you worried about the claims of unauthorised transactions?

Or have you not yet worked out how to resolve issues where your customer has Tesco debit AND credit card in their wallet at the PoS?

Hurry up :)

Star Contributor

OP is referring to the fact out of Tesco spending will mean 1 point per £8 instead of 1 point per £4 spend.

Because the EU has capped the interchange fee for Debit and Credit cards it's no longer financially viable for Tesco (and other financial instiutuions) to carry on with the current 1 point per £4.

Just Getting Started

Occasional Browser

It is now "next year", when you claimed you would finally provide contactless cards. Having just called your customer support I was told that there was no mention of such plans internally, and that it was unknown IF, let alone when, contactless would be provided to you customers. The blame was put upon Mastercard, however, Mastercard support contactless (http://www.mastercard.co.uk/contactless.html) and so this is not a valid excuse. 

I'd apprecate an updated estimate on the arrival of contactless, as I too intend to move to a different company if there is not a very near date provided.

Thank you.

Keen Poster

I'm sorry the information you were given on the phone contradicted the information on here. I can confirm that contactless credit cards are something we’re working on, and will be available later this year. We don't have a confirmed date as yet, however when we do we'll have it updated on Your Community to let customers know.

Occasional Poster

Contactless is the way now.  Your stores support it.  London Underground supports it.

I know this is less important but can you update the design while you're at it.

I just received a 'renewed' Tesco Finest Credit Card but it still bears the old 'Finest' logo.  And no contactless.

New to this

I received my new credit card last month valid until 2018 and of course not contactless.  Rang Customer services and was informed no plans for contactless!  If this isnt sorted soon I too will be using another credit card.  Have been a Tesco credit card user for 10+ years and been very happy until now!

On another point can the check out staff please be informed that some Tesco credit cards are also club cards.  The number of times I have had to explain this.  Also they do not seem familiar with a Tesco credit card at all.  Most odd.

Occasional Poster

Same happens to me.  Especially in a Tesco Express.  When paying with the Tesco Credit Card at a manned till, the checkout person just leaves you to it when you insert the card to the chip and pin reader.  They tend to do other things during this time and you have to wait for the staff to actually look at their screen to proceed with the transaction.  This can lead to a long wait.

This is why I use the Self Service!