Online banking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contactless Credit Card

Community Manager

Re: Contactless Credit Card

As mentioned in an earlier post @saltyzip it's likely to be next year before we're contactless...

New to this

Given the tech has been out for nearly 6 years, TescoCC are way behind the times but I have been patient and thought I'd pick this up when Apple Pay release in the UK (today, 14th July) and pay contactlessly using my iPhone with my TescoCC.

So I've just tried to register my TescoCC on my Apple Pay account and guess what? Tesco have not signed up to the Apple Pay scheme!!! Tesco seem to be going out of their way to make sure they AREN'T contactless before the new decade is out.

Time to change credit cards me thinks....

Just Getting Started

Tesco really are getting left behind here. For a relatively new bank looking to attract new and loyal customers to the brand, they really aren't helping themselves with this.
I'd love my cc to be contactless, I would happily wait until next year knowing that Applepay would make it work in the meantime but sadly Tesco aren't supporting this :(
Star Contributor

I read a forum on a tech website and cardholders who's cards aren't contactless enabled can still use Apple Pay regardless.

If Tesco Bank have no plans to roll out credit cards with such a functionality then at least please consider looking into joining the scheme so we can use Apple Pay.

New to this

It is a little bit hopeless - just received a new credit card today adn disappointed to see it doesnt have contactless, pretty much essential these days, particualrly in London.  Who is the bank behind Tesco, surely they can do it?  

RoseV wrote:

I have been eagerly awaiting my replacement credit card as I really wanted to get rid of my Oyster Card to go contactless.

It arrived today!  Hurrah!

Opened the letter ..... and I can't believe that it is not contactless!!

Very disappointed.  :-( 

xx

New to this

I would like to add my weight to the request for a contactless facility. Every other card that I use is contactless but not my Tesco credit card!!

More and more outlets are investing in their end of the technology and more and more people are using it. Please get a move on and make it available to your customers before having to wait for their renewal which might be years away.

New to this

Another loyal customer here requesting for my Tesco "Finest, World" Mastercard to be contactless and signed up with Apple Pay.

This issue alone has made me consider making all my transactions on a different (contactless) card.

Star Contributor

I've been in London today and used Apple Pay (with my Santander MasterCard) in the Metro store in Kensington.

If select stores in Central London can use the technology please roll it out to more stores nationwide.

And please add it to your Tesco credit card range.
Keen Poster

I've wanted this for ages too, but given that Tesco have now killed the amount of Clubcard rewards on the credit card, I may as well just use the debit card which is already contactless enabled and pays the same amount of clubcard points.

New to this

I'm using my HSBC contactless debit card more and more. Our Credit card bill is reducing while I can see exactly how much I'm spending on the contactless debit card (which is clearly increasing). By not having contactless on my tescos cc my spending habits are changing: I used to regularly have a 2.5k cc bill, since using HSBC contactless I now rarely break 1k and I'm more in control of my spending.