Online banking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contactless Credit Card

Just Getting Started

Contactless Credit Card

I have been eagerly awaiting my replacement credit card as I really wanted to get rid of my Oyster Card to go contactless.

It arrived today!  Hurrah!

Opened the letter ..... and I can't believe that it is not contactless!!

Very disappointed.  :-( 

38 REPLIES
Your Community Expert

Re: Contactless Credit Card

Hi Rose,

Thanks for your message, you may be pleased to know we're looking at contactless capability for our credit cards and will let our customers know when it becomes available.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Steven 

Just Getting Started

Thanks.  I await eagerly.  Can't wait to get rid of my Oyster card!

Just Getting Started

Hi Steven   I can see how to click to show if we "like" your answer to Rose but not how to say that we "dislike" it !  It may not be your fault if Tescos are failing to to keep up with the times but saying " We are looking at contactless capability and will let customers know when it becomes available" tells us virtually nothing. Can you please give a better indication of the time scale that might be in mind - is it possible that new Tesco contactless credit cards might be introduced within a few weeks, later this year or perhaps not until years to come.   

"Hope this helps" - no, your answer doesn't really help very much and it would be good if you can give an honest estimate please ! 

Thanks for your efforts so far but please get Tesco to pull their finger out.  Regards, Michael 24 June 2015 

Your Community Expert

Hi @MichaelFrinton

Thank you for your post. We always listen to customers and want to make banking with us as easy as possible. We understand how helpful contactless cards can be and offer them just now to our current account customers. We plan to make them available for Credit Cards next year. We’ll keep you posted here in Your Community.

Many thanks,

Josh - Customer Care

Just Getting Started

Josh - thanks for the additional information. You may be interested that I received a follow-up email this morning, asking if I have received your reply and did it provide the answer I was looking for. Strangely, the message block is unreadable, as shown below and I am wondering is your computer system may need attention?. 

Hi MichaelFrinton,

Your post got a reply on Your Community from Your Community - Tesco Bank - check out what they had to say:

Subject: [Filter:x-phone numbers] MichaelFrinton's post body matched "r:(01|02|05|07)( *\d?){6,9}|(44|\+44)( ...

Date: **sensitive info removed** 10:00 AM

If this was the answer you were looking for why not thank the person that helped you?

Just log in to Your Community from Your Community - Tesco Bank and accept their answer, and we'll email to let them know.

See you soon,

Your Community from Your Community - Tesco Bank

Community Manager

Thanks @MichaelFrinton we have some automatic filters set up and it looks like the date in your post has triggered one of them. But you shouldn't have received that garbled message, I'll take a look. Jamie.

Just Getting Started

Jamie   Many thanks for you clear, prompt, and efficient reply. It is best that we let Tesco know what is happening when things like this are not right and its good that you are taking action to sort out this particular computer gremlin.  Pleased to report that the text box in your recent email shows your message properly this time. 

Community Manager

Just to let everyone know that there is an issue so @MichaelFrinton you may not be alone in getting one of these garbled messages! Smiley Frustrated 

I have opened a case to get it fixed but no assurances on when that will be yet - bear with us!

New to this

How long do we have to wait for this technology, given it started rolling out to the UK in 2008?

It's the only card left in my wallet which isn't contactless.