Charge Back Procedure

Eagle eye
    Tesco Bank is taking months, not weeks to process charge backs. There are many posters on this forum who have been waiting in excess of FOUR MONTHS with no end in sight (just like me). This is completely unacceptable when other credit card providers are generally taking no more than 7 - 14 working days (AMEX is currently only taking 3 days). The reason is because Tesco are a third party provider and NOT a bank. So here is how to expedite it: After six weeks, accept no more excuses and make an official complaint. (Do not wait longer than this under ANY circumstances because it will simply make NO difference).Tesco will likely keep you waiting for up to another six weeks before giving you a final answer to your complaint.When you receive your final answer and are still unhappy (likely) or if you have not had a final answer after six weeks, whichever comes first, make an official complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.Do not deviate from this time line, you will simply extend your wait and frustration. Tesco have had months to address this issue and still refuse to do so, if enough people follow the above procedure Tesco will have to finally provide the service levels that they are obligated to. The bottom line is: Every credit card is lawfully obliged to give a Section 75 charge back for failure to supply goods. Every credit card provider is obligated to honour this lawful obligation in a timely manner. Taking months defeats the entire reason for having the Section 75 facility. DO NOT WAIT MONTHS FOR TESCO AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS ABOVE.
  • 3 Replies

Your Community Expert
    Hi , if you would like us to try to resolve this for you, please send a private message to .
    Eagle eye
    Amanda B: A PM would be a total waste of time - been there, done that, got the tee shirt to prove it.
    Eagle eye
    Had an email THREE WEEKS ago stating that my claim in excess of £3000 was in the final stage of being refunded and that I would receive it within 7 days. As is normal from Tesco, this is BLATANTLY UNTRUE and I am still waiting three weeks later. Tesco are not behaving professionally and give many false assurances ALL OF THE TIME (not just some of the time). Customers only recourse is to make official complaints to the Financial Ombudsman and the CMA, both are simple to do online.
    IT IS UTTERLY POINTLESS TO ENTER INTO DIALOGUE WITH TESCO DIRECT, YOU WILL ACHIEVE NOTHING. except further frustration and anxiety.