Car insurance online quote - Length licence held

Hi,I was attempting to complete an online insurance quote when I came to the question regarding the length of time I had held a full UK driving licence. I have held a full UK licence since 1998 with full A, B1, K, P, F entitlement. I have only recently added category B ( manual car) My question is how should I answer?Should I state that I have held a full licence for 19 years seeing as I have held the B1 category since '98' or should I answer as less than 1 year, when I added category B? Any definitive help appreciated!
  • 4 Replies

• Verified Answer

Supervisor
    Verified Answer
    Hello there. When you're completing the quotation form you'd mention the fact you've held it since 1998. Hope that helps.
    Employee
    Hi !

Apologies for any confusion caused, however, with our car insurance we accept and recognise a full UK or EU license when it comes to calculating the years that you’ve held your license. As such, you would only be able to enter the years since you've held your Category B license I'm afraid! The other licenses are not ones that we would accept for the 'years held' calculation. I hope this helps!

Michelle
    Last edited by ChristinaG; 06-01-21 at 15:57.
    I have not exactly the same, bit a similar issue. Test passed on the 16th, licence start date (when the licence was printed by DVLA) is the 26th (section four of the licence), category B start date is the 16th (section ten), I will be buying insurance on the 1st. It's actually 11,5 months from the start date (section ten) or 11 months (from the start date in section four). Can I say it's twelve months if my policy starts on the 16th (as I am obviously buying in advance)?
    Employee
    Hi there, you can add your license held date from the number of years it'll be as of the policy start date, if it'll be 1 year when the policy actually starts then that's what you can enter on the quotation. I hope that helps! :-) - Michelle