Im new to Tesco current account. Everything about the switch has been great... until... i finish work at 10pm, (shift worker) need fuel and nip to the local tesco, as its cheaper with the points element, to find my card is not accepted??, i then have to drive to a more expensive rip off 24hr garage that is staffed to buy fuel, panicking as i think my account has been stripped of funds, but go to cash machine and find i have my hundreds of pounds in tact:) but call customer services at the expensive garage to be told my card is all ok:) after hanging up from the very nice lady i get suspicious and paranoid and think the cars on the tesco garage forecourt prior to me being declined drove off quickly & maybe they have cloned the pump machines so call back customer services to put a block on my card "just in case"... this is when the nice young man tells me that my card wont work for this service as its offline!!!! A security measure apparently... Well apart from being annoyed at the first lady not telling me this and making me sound/feel like a paranoid idiot by calling back... why is this not part of the selling package of a tesco current account. I work shifts, i finish at all times and often fuel up at the 24hr pumps. Staffed garages are over priced, but the irony of having a tesco debit card, but cant buy tesco fuel is just ridiculous!!! Now im out of pocket, ive paid more for fuel, withdrew cash as i was scared it would decline my card so couldnt even pull it back in points payment, not to mention the time i wasted on the drive and calls i made... but if i lose the card or its stolen, anyone can use it as much as they want (providing they dont want fuel out of hours) until i realise its been stolen or lost as long as they dont exceed 30.00 with the contactless silly gimic!!! Which i didnt ask for or want. Tesco sort this out.