Cancelled holiday with Jet2

Can someone please help with my predicament......Booked holiday for 5 with Jet2 in Feb 20 for mid August 20. Deposit only paid via Tesco Credit Card. Balance due 7.6.20. Tried via email and constant phone calls to talk to someone about considering a voucher or extention of dates due to Covid 19 but to no avail. Consistently getting standard emails about deadline of 7.6.20 to pay balance but no contact from a real person. I have just cancelled myself because I did not want to pay the balance on the basis that Covid 19 is still an issue, should not be travelling due to FCO guidelines, cannot go into quarantine for 2 weeks upon return and the destination (Turkey) currently not allowing any visitors in anyway. Therefore, can I get my deposit (£300) back via Tesco Credit Card ?.......Please advise......anyone !!!!!!
  • 8 Replies

Your Community Expert
    Hi there, sorry to hear about this. You can find information about the steps to take here: https://community.tescobank.com/t5/D...edtransactions

Once you follow the link you'll be able to submit an online form and one of my colleagues in the Disputes team will review your claim. Please be aware that the team are very busy at the moment so it may take longer than usual for them to get back in touch. We appreciate your patience at this busy time. Hope this helps – Alex
    Good evening, In addition to the reply from I will say, in regards to Jet2, that you might see your deposit of £300 refunded to your credit card within the next couple of weeks. I'd booked a holiday (for this coming week, funnily enough) and had a couple of email reminders from them after the date for the last payment had passed then they automatically emailed me to say it'd been cancelled and all monies I'd paid were refunded to my accounts. I hope you're able to get this resolved, and soon, as I understand how stressful it is right now.
    Many thanks for your kind response. Let's hope this is the case ! I now look forward to a positive outcome and hopefully future bookings with JET2 Holidays - otherwise, highly likely that I would never book with them again !!!!!!
    Community superstar
    Hi I've had a similar scenario for a holiday in early July.Soon after Jet2 announced they are not flying before 15th July at the earliest, they sent an email to me and I applied for my monies to be returned.Within 5 days my money was back on my Tesco credit card.No quibble, no hassle. Just like it should be.Bearing in mind we are still in June I thought this was excellent.Hopefully it'll be resolved soon for you.Best wishes 25H
    Above and beyond
    Hi I'm very sorry to hear about this all too familiar problem, and i hope that i can help you. It's quite a tricky one, as Jet2 have not refused to refund your deposit. However, you are still entitled to claim back your deposit under section 75 for payment on your credit card, once 15 clear working days have elapsed from the date of your e-mail request to Jet2. To progress matters i would ask you to proceed as follows :-Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message', they will check this out for you and provide you with an appropriate response.If you click on this link @Tesco-Bank it will take you to a page 'About Tesco Bank'.In the top right of the page click 'send a message', a new page opens up 'Create New Message'. Complete & send your message securely.Please remember to include your full name, date of birth & post code.Hope this helps ! Best Wishes,
    Thankyou for taking the time for your feedback.......very encouraging ! Kind Regards SAS2
    Thankyou for your kind guidance. I have done as you have suggested now and look forward to a positive response. They are suggesting minimum 6 weeks - but we will see ! Kind regards SAS2
    Above and beyond
    Thanks !I very much hope that it's much sooner that than that, it's encouraging to learn that at least you now have someone engaged with your dispute. Please let me know how you get on, and when successful, please "accept as a solution" to clear down and confirm as resolved..Best Wishes, and Kind Regards,