Cancel renewal

My policy auto renews is there another way to contact you without phoning to stop the renewal. Can I write via post or email?
  • 14 Replies

• Verified Answer

Former Community Manager
    Verified Answer
    Hi, I'm sorry you're looking to cancel your policy. This isn't a request we can complete via this channel or email. However, you can write to us requesting cancellation at: Freepost RSJB-RZZY-HTJB Tesco Bank Customer Service, P O Box 276, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE12 2BT. Please also include your policy number, DOB, address and a signature if you are writing. I hope this helps.

Edit: We can remove the automatic renewal from your policy here, on Twitter or on Facebook if you message us privately - 03/10/2019
    Community Manager
    - Ross is right.

In case someone else asks this question, can you accept his solution please so that it can be stored?

Thanks
    No. This doesn't help. It's disgusting that you raise the insurance costs then make it over complicated and almost impossible to cancel renewal. Disgusted at Tesco . Won't be insuring with you again
    Employee
    I'm sorry to read that you feel that way . You can always call us directly on 0345 246 2895, available Mon - Fri: 8am - 9pm and Sat - Sun: 9am - 5pm, to discuss or cancel your renewal.
    Hi please can I cancel my house renewal policy.
    Employee
    Hi , I'm sorry to read that you're looking to cancel your policy. If you call us on 0345 246 2904, available Mon - Fri: 8am - 9pm and Sat - Sun: 9am - 5pm, our Home team can help.
    Why so surprised someone wishes to cancel their Policy Renewal? [not cancel thier Policy as it seems to come across in some of your replies Scott?] When I took out my last policy I asked for it NOT to Auto Renew but this feature was still added to the policy! On top of this my previous years policy (also with Tesco's) also had this feature added which we (both my wife & I) had a heated phone conversation with one of the Tesco's Customer Service advisors who after said conversation, promised it would not be added ... but it still was! Thanks!!! Then today I finally learnt of the online Tesco's site to manage your Insurance Policy which I managed to sign up for hoping I could head off this years Auto Renewal ...... but NO, you don't have this option on your own site ... why? Is it because you wish to make it as hard as you can for people to cancel their Automatically Renewing Insurance Policys with yourselves? Strange that eh ... a site to manage your Insurance Policy but one that does not actually allow you to ..... Manage your policy?
    Employee
    I'm sorry to read about your experience . I've posted this message under your other post as well, but I'll include it here so other users can see it:

We don't include auto-renewal on our policies to try and catch out any of our customers or to do anything unethical, we do it to make sure that there's no chance, or certainly less chance, of someone driving without insurance. We send reminders out to all of our customers 28 days before the policies renew, but in some cases these can be missed or other life events can get in the way and we'd rather cancel a policy after the renewal date and process a refund than have our customers driving illegally.

In your case it sounds like a genuine staff error has meant your policy wasn't amended as requested and I'm really sorry that's happened. At the moment we don't include the option to opt out when you apply online, but we are looking into this for the future and we can be called at any time over the year of the cover to make the change with no additional charges.
    I have to agree, i have spent way to long on this sight looking for the cancellation option...only to find out there isnt one! not impressed Tesco