Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
97869members
29981posts

Cancel Credit Card

Highlighted
Little helper

Cancel Credit Card

How do I cancel my credit cards with tesco bank, as in close the accounts completely?

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Cancel Credit Card

Hi @@lauramagraham, I'm sorry to hear you're looking to close your Credit Card, is there anything causing you to want to close the account I could help with?

If you simply want to close the account you can do so by calling our Credit Card department on 0345 300 4278, available 24/7, or by writing to us at: Tesco Bank, PO Box 27028, Glasgow, G2 9FT, just provide a cover letter stating you wish to close the card and include your personal details. If you have a credit balance on the account we will need to speak with you in order to get this returned.

Highlighted
Fresh Eyes

Hi, can I check if the address is still correct if I want to cancel my credit card please?

I did try calling the 0345 telephone number but I couldn't find a relevant option to select so ended hanging up.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Carolyn

Highlighted
Safe hands

Hi Carolyn,

I can confirm the address NickJ mentioned in his reply is indeed correct should you wish to proceed with your cancellation.

Hope that helps,

Neil
Highlighted
Here to help

what about a correct phone number for cancellation?

Highlighted
Safe hands

The 0345 number is also correct for closing your Tesco Bank account-it's the Customer Services number 🙂

Highlighted
Fresh Eyes

I have tried calling 0345 300 4278 many times, can you please advise which options to choose to get to the correct department??

Highlighted
Fresh Eyes

Hi,

What details do I need to include in a cover letter in regards to closing my credit card account?

Thanks
Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hi @Henton93, I’m sorry to hear that you wish to close your account. Is there any specific reason which I could help with? If you write to us to close your account, please include your name, postcode and signature and we will action this for you.

Highlighted
Fresh Eyes

If you are feeling insecure regarding any telephone numbers provided on this sight. Just call the contact number on your credit card. Go through security questions, answer no when asked if you want to hear your balance. "Say Avisor" If asked why "say private."

@at176 wrote:

I have tried calling 0345 300 4278 many times, can you please advise which options to choose to get to the correct department??

Then when you get to speak to someone explain the reason for your call. I have found the call handlers to be very helpful.