Online banking

Online banking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
95077members
28634posts

Can a retailer challenge a Section 75 claim?

Highlighted
Safe hands

Re: Can a retailer challenge a Section 75 claim?

Hi @mns1971 

Originally you said you were completing a Section 75 but now the retailer is referring to the Chargeback.

I have to agree with @AmandaB that there is some confusion.

The next best course of action would be to send Tesco bank a private message so AmandaB can check this out and so your claim can be clarified.

To do this click on this link @Tesco-Bank  and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.

In the top right of the page click onto 'Send a Message'.

A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.

Complete it and send your message securely.

Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
Hope this helps!!
Caz @25H 
Highlighted
Here to help

Thanks @25H 

I will send the direct message.  I was under the impression I was completing a form under Section 75, based on the I was provided.

Regards

@mns1971 

Highlighted
Safe hands

Hi @mns1971 

Please refer to my previous advice, the refund was not processed as a Section 75 claim.

For written confirmation, please send Tesco Bank a private message.

Regards, @CSKBrambles 

Highlighted
Safe hands

Hi @mns1971 

I know you were completing a Section 75 form as you stated this in your original message.

You were given a Chargeback when your claim was processed and I appreciate this is of no fault of your own.

Allow Tesco Bank to let you know what the state of play is now and they will advise you accordingly.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H 

Highlighted
Pitching in

So I had a claim and money was put back on card by Tesco does that mean my claim is closed or can groupon still dispute now🤔

Highlighted
Safe hands

Hi @malctalk 

I suppose the best advice is never say never.

However, I suggest you send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' to provide you with specific advice regarding the money that has gone back onto your card.

Click on this link @Tesco-Bank  and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.

In the top right of the page click onto 'Send a Message'.

A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.

Complete it and send your message securely.

Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H 
Highlighted
Safe hands

Hi @malctalk 

When a claim is made under Section 75 form, the retailer has 45 days to challenge from the date that the case was made. Once this time has elapsed....Groupon can't dispute !

Regards, @CSKBrambles 

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hi @malctalk, the retailer still has 45 days to challenge this however, they would need to provide evidence of compelling reasons why they have refused you a refund. If they don't challenge this, your dispute will just be automatically closed. Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Safe hands

Hi @malctalk,

Further to my previous message, Tesco Bank have provided confirmation that Groupon still has 45 days to challenge this however, they would need to provide evidence of compelling reasons why they have refused you a refund. If they don't challenge this, your dispute will just be automatically closed. Hope this helps. @CSKBrambles 

Highlighted
Safe hands

Hi @malctalk 

A great straight forward answer from @AmandaB .

45 days to challenge, with a very good reason from Groupon.

After that your claim is closed.

Caz @25H