Online banking

Online banking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
95160members
28677posts

Can I claim for a partial amount? Goods not received, only partial refund offered

Highlighted
Fresh Eyes

Can I claim for a partial amount? Goods not received, only partial refund offered

Hi

 

I made a mistake and ordered from a dodgy Chinese company and paid with my tesco credit card. The order did not arrive but something of a much lower value was sent instead. The company say this was a courier error and they can no longer fulfil my order. They have not offered a full refund despite my demands for one. They offered for me to keep the goods sent in error and have a refund of around 30% (note that this did not add up to the value of my original order). I refused this and demanded a 100%. They have said the most they will provide is 40% as they have lost out due to courier error. I obviously pointed out that this was not acceptable but they say that this is their final offer. Assuming that they actually do refund the amount, can I make a claim for the other 60%?

 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Safe hands

Re: Can I claim for a partial amount? Goods not received, only partial refund offered

Hi @etate31 

I'm sorry to hear about this and I will certainly help you to get it resolved.

As you did not receive what you had ordered and they can no longer fulfil your order you can dispute the transaction.

You can find all the information about the steps to take here: https://yourcommunity.tescobank.com/t5/Disputed-transactions-and/tkb-p/disputedtransactions

If you ordered on a Mastercard card, please allow 30 days.

For a VISA card, please allow 15 days.

If this date has passed, you can request a Chargeback, please download and complete the goods not received form then email it to the disputes team at Tesco Bank.

Hope this helps. Warm wishes, @25H 
Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Re: Can I claim for a partial amount? Goods not received, only partial refund offered

Hi @etate31, sorry to hear about your experience. If you are making a dispute claim, please claim the full amount of the original transaction.