Black mark on credit file due to a declined loan application

Being approved in principle and then getting declined has done my credit score unfair damage. I have tried so hard to build up my credit over the last few years and now this :-(. I would somehow like this marker removed from credit file please.
  • 3 Replies

It doesn't matter if you're approved or declined, it's the searches (applications) that affect your score as it can suggest you are in some financial difficulty. I don't think Tesco could remove the search even if they wanted to unfortunately.

if it's any help, I applied with my bank and was declined, which obviously affected my score, but I was accepted by Tesco soon after
    Thanks Jonesra89. My status was ok up until this loan being approved and passing a credit check. Even my bank and other offered me credit card last month but not now. Tesco should just declined or accepted and by the the time it took to update credit file another lender may have excepted but now my bank won't even give me card and only financial circumstance that changed in the time was this application being applied and waited for. There was obviously something on my bank statement that they didn't like and I'm guessing in one months statement they judged me. A years then understandable enough.
    Former Community Manager
    Hi @Riz81, as @Jonesra89 has mentioned we wouldn't be able to remove this search. When you're making an application for a credit card we make you aware that this could impact your credit score. However, this will only show as a search and the decline will not be reflected on your credit report. I hope this information helps.