Balance transfers

Hi I've received my new tesco credit card and when I applied I asked to be able to transfer the full outstanding balance from my other card onto it. It was approved and my credit limit is more than I need however once I've activated the card I can only transfer a small amount. Why is this when my credit limit is correct and I was approved already? It's the whole reason I got a tesco card so I could get rid of my previous one and pay less.When I try to phone it's all automated and none of the options are relevant. Please help.

Jacquie
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    Hi Jacquie, thanks for getting in touch! When you made us aware of this during your application, you advise us of the balance and the details of your other card provider. This allows us to carry out the balance transfer once your card is activated. If you're now trying to do this again, it won't allow you to as you wouldn't have the available credit due to the transfer already being processed. Please check this, online you'll be able to see your available credit has reduced and this should be by the amount of the transfer. I hope this helps to clarify things a little – Clare