Android TescoBank Application Woes

I have 2 NEW Android tablets - a Tesco Hudl2 (Android v5.1), and an Acer Iconia (Android v5.0.2). The Android TescoBank application downloads and works fine on the Hudl2. However when I attempt to download/install on the Iconia from the google play web site I am advised that "this application is not compatible with your device". It isn't very helpful that neither the software nor the web site offer information about why it is not compatible. As both tablets were purchased in the last month and have both been updated with latest available firmware releases I am surprised that Tesco's software does not support current version tablets. It isn't as if the application relies upon rocket science in order to work, and it seems that Tesco are preventing many users from using their tablets - possibly because of bad configuration of supported devices on the google play web site. Why isn't this application able to work on the Acer Iconia?
  • 4 Replies

Employee
    Hi 

Sorry you're unable to use the app on your Acer Iconia tablet. There may be many reasons why our app isn't compatible with this tablet. It could be down to the custom software or chipset on the device.

With each Android device manufacturers are able to add their own software packages onto the tablet. Depending on the size of the tablet our app won't load correctly due to the screen being too large which would result in our app not sizing correctly.

I'm sorry we're not able to give an exact answer as to why this isn't compatible, however we're always looking at ways to improve our service and I'll note your comments as feedback.
    As the Iconia is one of the better tablets out there (and I've tried a few!), it's disappointing that this application doesn't work on that tablet. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...scobank.mobile The tablet supports PEGI 3, which is advised on the above web site. And I have several other PEGI 3 applications installed and working. This issue gives me the impression that Tesco may have defined a list of tablets in the download - and excluded thje Iconia which I believe is more than capable of running this software. However, it's strange that it works fine on the Tesco Hudl - which Tesco have announced in recent days is being discontinued: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/review/an...fsale-3575158/
    I reported this issue to the support option shown on the google play web site for this application. That immediately produced an auto-response to confirm the submission. In the interim 2 weeks since reporting this problem - zilch. Rather disappointing that Tesco care so little about customer support.
    sorry to jump in on the back of your post, like you just trying to find a solution.
    My wife has a HTC ONE M8, the app used to work, but stopped a couple of months ago.
    Have removed, gone to Google play and reinstalled latest version, but says it is not compatable with this device !