cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Pay / Samsung Pay

Highlighted
Occasional Poster

Android Pay / Samsung Pay

With Android Pay coming to the UK in the next few months, does Tesco Bank have any plans to support this?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/03/23/android-pay-announced-for-the-uk-coming-in-the-next-few-mont...

Same for Samsung Pay which should also launch this year?

186 REPLIES
Just Getting Started

Re: Android Pay / Samsung Pay

I'm hoping it will and we won't have to wait for months like Apple users did.

Google have had a mobile payment service for years under the Google Wallet brand. So it's not as if this is a surprise that the rebranded Android Pay is FINALLY making its way here.
Your Community Expert

Hi @PaulParanoia

We don't currently plan to support Android Pay, however we are always looking at making banking as convenient as possible and we will keep listening to customers to develop the services we offer. We will always let our customers know about our new products and services first – so it is worth keeping an eye on our website.

Occasional Poster

AdamF wrote:

Hi @PaulParanoia

We don't currently plan to support Android Pay, however we are always looking at making banking as convenient as possible and we will keep listening to customers to develop the services we offer. We will always let our customers know about our new products and services first – so it is worth keeping an eye on our website.

I'm really hoping that this is a stock answer and that Tesco Bank will be supporting Android Pay before too long. It was disapointing to find I couldn't add my card to the newly launched UK service this morning.

Occasional Browser

Re: Contactless and Apple Pay

Now that Android Pay has launched in the UK. Please could you confirm whether it will be supported in August with contactless and Apple Pay?

Just Getting Started

Any changes to the Tesco position since the original reply?  Not supporting Android pay would be a deal breaker for me, which would be a shame as I've not long joined Tesco bank.

New to this

Likewise, very disappointed, as a very long-term Tesco card holder, to see Tesco are not supporting Android Pay and a short sighted decision on their part I think. Fortunately I have an HSBC card that is supported so have registered and will be using that instead. Come on Tesco, get ahead of the curve for once after your recent travails !!

Occasional Poster

Just to add my support for this. Why would you exclude Android users from contactless mobile transactions when you do support Apple pay? This make no sense. There are more android users than Apple in the UK. Not supporting means losing revenue potentially to those customers wanting a mobile payment solution. Other CC companies such as Barclaycard currently offer this function so I use them currently even though I would prefer to use my Tesco card.
New to this

Can we push this through a little quicker? It now launched and like people have said, it's hardly new news and has been around in the USA for ages.
Just Getting Started

Gah, I've barely had a credit card account for a month and you seriously can't support something basic like this?

My first credit card ever is with you guys, and within less than a month you drop this bombshell?

Well, I guess I'll be stuck in 2007 for a few months at least, then I'll be able to close my credit card account with you guys and move on to an account that isn't run by luddites.