0% interest taken off for one late payment...not impressed!!

Hi I have just received a letter to say my 0% interest has been taken off because I was late one payment. Not one phone call or text to say I am late, which totally is my fault as I forgot (i'm an elderly person and forget things). I'm not very techy but my daughter has shown me how to setup a direct debit now. I am really annoyed about the 0% interest being taken off as I have always paid on time, just this once I have tottaly forgot about it and as soon as I found out I paid! Where I live the phone connection is not very good, is there a live chat or email address i can speak to someone?
  • 3 Replies

Former Your Community Expert
    Hi , I'm sorry to hear you've had your 0% removed. If you have any missed payments, this can mean you would lose the 0% rate which is outlined in your terms and conditions. If you could please message directly with your full name, DOB and postcode, we'll take a closer look.
    Hi I understand that and I accept it's my fault, I just find it a bit extreme. I would have understood if it was more than one time but it wasn't. And you should maybe let people know when they are late with a text or phonecall, not just a letter that arrives a month later....
    Hello , If you are set up for Internet Banking you can set up alerts for your credit card, either via text message and/or email. I accidentally went over my limit the other day (completely my fault!) and I received a text and email from Tesco Bank alerting me to it.