Online banking

Online banking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Information

Name change – what do I need to do?

If you need to change your name with us, you need to send us your request in writing. Your letter should include;

  • Your account or card number (if you have more than product with us, please ensure all are listed within your letter)
  • Confirmation that you want to change your name
  • Provide your new and old signature

Depending on the reason you are changing your name, we need one of the following bits of documentation;

  • Your marriage certificate – we need to see the actual document issued by the registrar on the day of marriage or a certified copy that’s been issued by the registrar
  • Deed poll certificate – the original document or a certified copy
  • Decree Absolute – the original document (please note - if you are changing back to your maiden name, the decree absolute doesn't usually confirm what the maiden name is. In these cases you will also be asked to provide evidence of your maiden name such by sending either your birth certificate, or a certified copy of your new passport or driving licence)  

Once we receive your letter, we will scan your certificate and send it back. We will also send it back via the same method you sent it, so if you send it via recorded delivery, we’ll also return it that way. This can take up to 10 working days to be processed and returned to you.

The address you need to send your letter to will vary dependent on the product you have with us;

  • Credit Card – Tesco Bank, PO Box 27028, Glasgow, G2 9FT
  • Loan – Tesco Bank, PO Box 27014, Glasgow, G2 9FE
  • Current Account – Tesco Bank, PO Box 17430, Edinburgh, EH12 1HZ
  • Savings – Tesco Bank, PO Box 27017, Glasgow, G2 9FH
  • Mortgage – Tesco Bank, PO Box 1214, Cheltenham, GL50 9WL                

Please note that for Car or Home Insurance policies, you do not need to send in documents to change your name. You can update your surname 24 hours a day via Your Insurance Account.


When my application was done my name was put in wrong. It's put my maiden name in with an extra title so it's come out 'Mrs miss c Jones'. I'm now divorced thought so I have no marriage certificate.

Hi @Chezj86, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear about the error on your account! If you let us know what kind of account you have with us, we can direct you to the right team to get this sorted 🙂

Hi @ScottW it was on a credit card 

Thanks for that @Chezj86. Call us on 0345 300 4278, available 24/7, and the Credit Card team will be able to help 🙂

I only want to change my title from Mrs to Miss - do I need to send proof of my divorce?

Hi Lisa, thanks for getting in touch. You'd just need to give us a call to change your title - can you please confirm which product you have with us and I'll direct you to the correct department? 

I have a current account and a credit card. Thanks.

Thanks for confirming this. The Credit Card team are available on 0345 300 4278 (24/7) and the Current Account team are 0345 835 3353 (24/7). I hope this helps!

Ive changed my name by DeedPoll.  Do I really need to send the original Document?  Its currently with the DVLA and that can take up to three weeks!  Would a certified copy not do?  My other credit card companies are ok with a copy.

Hi @rtfury, I'm afraid we would need to receive the original document and would be unable to accept a certified copy. Apologies for any inconvenience. 


Edit: We are able to accept certified copies of a marriage certificate, deed poll certificate and Decree Absolute, the above post has been updated to reflect this.