Online banking

Online banking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed transactions and Chargebacks

How do I query a transaction?

If you don’t recognise something on your statement, or you have a problem with a retailer that you can’t sort out directly with them, then you can contact us to query, or dispute, a transaction.

You can query a transaction for a number of reasons, including if:

The process we use is called Chargeback. A Chargeback, or transaction dispute, is a process which allows you to ask for a refund when you have a problem with goods or services you’ve purchased with a credit or debit card.

If you successfully request a Chargeback, the transaction is reversed. This means we charge the merchant the disputed amount so we can return it to your account.

You can request a Chargeback on any transaction. However, you’ll normally need to request a Chargeback within 120 days from the date of the transaction you want to dispute. If you bought goods or services that are due to take place more than 120 days after the transaction date, like a holiday or a concert, this can be extended to up to 540 days after the transaction date.

If your dispute relates to an incorrect transaction amount or a duplicate transaction, you need to request a Chargeback within 90 days of the transaction date.

Depending on the reason that you need to dispute a transaction, we might need you to try to resolve the dispute with the retailer first. With all disputes, the retailer has a period of time to challenge your claim. If they have a valid reason to challenge the Chargeback we may have to re-debit your account.


I'm really sorry about that, however we are limited in what we can discuss and will need to ask you to call regarding this. Could you try calling on 0345 366 6472 (Mon - Fri: 8am - 6pm Sat: 8am - 2pm) and let me know if you manage to get through please? - Ainsley


Ive now second time held on for 35 minutes with mo answer and hung. To be honest NO bank i have dealt with has done this. I regret i switched to tesco. WHO is going to deal with MY issue can i know. I have screen shots of these  calls sbd time spent. 


I'm really sorry to hear that you've not been able to reach us. The team you're looking to speak with are closed at the moment, I'm afraid. However, if you try giving them a quick call in the morning, you'll hopefully be able to get through to them much quicker. I'm sorry that I can't look into this here for you. Let us know how you get on - Brogan