my car was considered written off

Hi, last month I was involved in a car accident, it was my fault. Last week the inspector came to inspect the car (they were not the victims of the accident) and since then I have not heard anything from them until today when I called Tesco Insurance to ask what happened and the lady who answered to the phone said that the car was considered written.I mention that the car was left in the garage of some friends in the city where the accident happened. Initially, Tesco came to collect it but did not start and later came to evaluate the damage. People in the other car understood that they claimed, so Tesco told me. Next week I'll come home to make a written statement about how the accident happened. Is anyone here who knows what will happen to the car in this situation or what happend next? Thanks
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Employee
    Verified Answer
    Hi Alina, thanks for getting in touch. All claims would be dealt with on a case by case basis, so the best thing to do in this situation is to give our Claims team a call. I've attached a link below which confirms all our claims team numbers. I hope this helps.

https://www.tescobank.com/car-insura...aking-a-claim/