Why no Contactless feature on Tesco Bank VISA credit cards?

I am disappointed that my replacement Tesco Bank VISA credit card has arrived for a second year again with a Contactless facility.Why please?All my other cards, including American Express and several Mastercard ones (marks and Spencer, John Lewis ) have Contactless.I have almost stopped using notes and coins, and Contactless is so much more useful for low value transcations. I have MUCH reduced usage of my Tesco Bank credit card as it does not have this facility.In Tesco shops I use TescoPay+ on my smartphone
  • 4 Replies

Your Community Expert
    Hi , I'm sorry to hear this. I'm afraid only our Mastercard credit cards have the Contactless facility. If you'd like one, you'd need to apply for a new card. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this causes - Caroline
    Thanks for clarifying. VISA does accommodate Contactless, as my Nationwide debit card shows. Why you dont accommodate on YOUR credit card, you do not say. I kept the Tesco VISA card as it was at the time my sole VISA card; that is no longer the case, I would not need another Mastercard credit card; I have several already.As ordinary shareholders in Tesco plc, we would like to do more of our business with our own company.
    Your Community Expert
    Our Visa cards haven't been updated with the Contactless feature and unfortunately we can't do this as we no longer issues these accounts. All of our new credit card accounts as Mastercard and all of these cards are contactless. I'm sorry we're not able to be more help - Caroline
    I am delighted there is no Contactless facility on my new Tesco card. I help to run a credit union and see many bank statements. Use of contactless cards fills up members' statements with lots of mini transactions so it appears that money is just pouring through their hands. If I have a planned amount of cash with me then when it is gone it is gone. If I should lose it I don't have to worry about lots of money going out of my account with multiple transactions.