Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
95528members
28855posts

Tesco Credit Card: not impressed

Highlighted
Here to help

Tesco Credit Card: not impressed

So I have utilised the free 24 months 0% buying offer on my Tesco Credit Card. The deal is ending next week and I paid it all off by card today, but the payment is pending and I got the message that Tesco Bank is waiting for authorization from my bank. The thing is, it's a Tesco Bank card as well 🤣
So Tesco Bank is waiting for Tesco Bank?!
My other credit card updates instantaneously. Not sure why the delay
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Safe hands

Re: Tesco Credit Card: not impressed

Hi @RickVigorous 

Yep, it does seem a bit strange Tesco Bank waiting for Tesco Bank.

I have had this before with Halifax Bank, Halifax Bank waiting for Halifax Bank.

The strange thing is the payment comes out straight away but is not allocated, its because it has to go over midnight and into another day.

It will show as paid in a day or two, that's how it is with my Tesco Credit Card when I've paid.

Caz, @25H 

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hey @RickVigorous, sorry to hear this. If you send a private message to Tesco-Bank, we'll be able to check this for you. 

Highlighted
Safe hands

Hi @RickVigorous 

I see @ChristopherP  has asked you to send a private message so it can be checked out for you. 

To do this click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.

In the top right of the page click onto 'Send a Message'.

A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.

Complete it and send your message securely.

Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
Caz @25H 
Highlighted
Safe hands

Morning Rick @RickVigorous 

I have had the same thing happen on Paypal Credit, when transferring money from Paypal !

A pending transaction occurs whenever the following happens: When you make a purchase to your credit or debit card, this will be pending (waiting for) overnight processing.  The following explanation was received :- 
If a transaction is made before 8.30 pm it will process overnight. Purchases after 8.30 pm will be processed the following night.
Regards, @CSKBrambles