Many months ago, we booked flights to go to Portugal with Ryanair, departing on 8th August
The latest Government announcements about travel don't include Portugal and as such, the advice is that there should be no travel except for essential purposes. Because Ryanair operate flights to Europe, they don't look like they are going to cancel this flight. We are therefore faced with a potential 14 day self-isolation period on our return and also a likely loss of any insurance cover while we are there due to travelling against Government advice.
Rescheduling to another date isn't possible - is this something that would be covered by Section 75?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hi @Steve8564, I'm really sorry to hear about that! We can only dispute these transactions if the service is cancelled by the merchant e.g. your flights are cancelled. If the service is in the future and you haven't received official confirmation of cancellation by the merchant, then we have no dispute rights unfortunately. It would be best to contact your travel insurance in this case for some guidance. I hope you get this sorted!
I'm really sorry to hear that. I can see this is rather tricky.
As Ryanair have not cancelled your flights and it looks like from what you've said the flight will go ahead you're unable to claim under Section 75.
As you're about a month away from your flight the government may include Portugal in the no quarantine list.
If you have insurance with Covid 19 cover you could contact them to see if it covers you and claim accordingly.
I hope you can get it sorted.
Warm wishes, @25H
I'm in exactly the same boat or should i say plane as yourself !
My wife and i are going to press ahead with the flights exactly as planned.
The 14 day self isolate rule is reviewed every 2 weeks,
It's quite likely that Portugal will be given the green light by 8th August.
Best of luck, @CSKBrambles
You're very welcome!!
I have had many flights I've had to change, some with no additional charge for changing and some I've had to wait for the airline to cancel them before getting options offered.
If there's nothing your insurance company can do the best option is for you to wait nearer to your planned departure date and then see what options you have as things could change.
Please could you 'Accept as Solution' for me to closedown, as solved?
Happy to have been of help.
Take care and warm wishes, @25H