Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
98220members
30200posts

Refund on card

Highlighted
Little helper

Refund on card

My credit card balance (which I always pay in full) is due to be paid by 18/9/20.  As a refund from a holiday has now gone back in and put my account into credit am I right in thinking I don’t have to make a payment now as that covers it plus more or do I still need to make at least the minimum payment to avoid a fee?   

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Re: Refund on card

Hi @Trish17, thanks for your message. If the refund is greater than your last statement balance then you'll not need to make a payment this time! 

Highlighted
Above and beyond

Morning @Trish17 

Great news that you received your refund from your holiday.

This has put your account in a credit position.

As there's enough from the refund to cover your spend and will still leave your account in credit then you do not need to make a payment for your balance due on the 18/9/20.

You could move the excess credit, the difference between your credit and your balance back to your bank account or continue to spend on your card and make no payment's until you've used all of the credit.

Hope this helps!!!

Caz  @25H 

Highlighted
Top sharer

Hi Trish,  @Trish17 

I can confirm that you don't need to make any minimum payment to avoid a fee.

The credit balance will automatically take care of the payment for you on 18 Sept..

When this is paid, you can transfer any remaining credit balance above your credit limit to your bank account without charge.

If you choose to do this you will initially see a handling fee charged to your account, but please don't worry as this will automatically be refunded to your card within 7-10 days.

Hope this helps, Regards, Chris, @CSKBrambles 

Highlighted
Little helper

Thanks

Highlighted
Top sharer

No problem Trish, @Trish17
You’re most welcome 🙏
Good luck , Chris , @CSKBrambles
Highlighted