Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
93376members
27671posts

Not a full service bank and ripping off customers

Highlighted
Pitching in

Not a full service bank and ripping off customers

See my previous post regarding the way Tesco Bank are falling short of being a full service bank and instead are making money out of their customers as a direct result of Tesco Bank's own failings.

Here again is another example. I had a refund from Warners Leisure (who have been brilliant during the Covid crises) 12 days ago. Most banks (including Tesco previously) take 2-3 days for such payments to reach your account.

Now Tesco have stopped doing this and instead, make you wait 10-14 days (as confirmed by my telephone call to them today) just like the dodgy travel companies that are hanging on to peoples money like a 'freebie' loan.

In the meantime, I am now owed in excess of £3000 from Tesco which would be enough to pay off two months credit card bills (if I don't, Tesco WILL charge interest despite it being caused by THEIR delay).

Tesco are a disgusting example of a bank and there are far better service providers out there. A crises such as Covid is when you find this out.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Re: Not a full service bank and ripping off customers

Hi @Purrfecttune, I'm really sorry to hear that. Could you please send us a private message to Tesco-Bank so we can take a look into this for you?

Highlighted
Here to help

I agree - I am having problems with Tesco bank fulfilling their responsibilities having requested two chargeback claims. They have not had the decency to keep in touch or respond, and after having chased them they are now putting further obstacles in the way and contravening consumer law.

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hi @villalucia, I'm sorry to hear about this, can you please send a private message to the @Tesco-Bank account and we can look into this for you.

Highlighted
Safe hands

Hi @villalucia 

I'm sorry to hear about this. I see AmandaB from Tesco Bank is asking you to send a private message.

To send a 'Private Message' click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.

In the top right of the page click 'Send a Message'.

A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.

Complete it and send your message securely.

Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.

Hope this helps!

Warm wishes @25H 

Highlighted
Pitching in

Been there, done that, got the tee shirt.

sending a private message is completely pointless and simply a delaying tactic, just like every other communication format I have used to contact Tesco during the last NINE weeks.

I am now communicating with the Martin Lewis Money Show and the Financial Ombudsman, a much better use of my time and effort.

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

I'm sorry you feel this way. I'm unable to check any updates for you without going through security on the secure chat I'm afraid. 

Highlighted
Here to help

I am no longer able to send private messages

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Sorry to hear this. Can you try to send us a private message now? - Chris 

Highlighted
Safe hands

Hi @villalucia 

Hopefully you can send your private message now.

Warm wishes, @25H