New current account text message

I received a text message from Tescobank thanking me for my application and that further checks were needed and they would get back to me in a few days. I have since received 3 more text messages thanking me for applying for a Tesco current account and to look out for my application pack with forms that need signing and returning. Today I received another message that my current account is open and my card and pin are on the way. I have never applied for a Tesco current account and I have sent a screen shot of the first text message to Tescobank phishing email address. Rang Tesco customer service and got transferred to Tesco bank where none of the options suited my query. Anyone got any ideas as I am really concerned that this may be identify theft :(
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    I'm really sorry about this, . I can't be sure, although it's possible another customer has incorrectly typed your mobile number in their application. So that we can look into this and resolve the issue, can you please get in touch privately through our account by sending a private message? We'll need the mobile number the texts have been sent too confirmed. When sending this information can you please leave a space between each character - L I K E T H I S