Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
69535members
20215posts

Mobile app- Debit in Pounds????

Just Getting Started

Mobile app- Debit in Pounds????

Hi there,
Since the 21st October of this year (2018) transactions on my Tesco's mobile banking app for my current account have been pre- fixed with 'Debit in Pounds' followed with the transaction description so now the description is being pushed off the right-hand edge of my phone screen.

'Debit in Pounds' does not show up on the Web version of Tesco's banking. And nothing changed my end over that period of 21st Oct.

I contacted Tescos today and they suggested I delete and reinstall the app, which I have done. Subsequent transactions continue to have the space eating pre-fix.

The issue has carried over from an iPhone 6s to iPhone XR both running iOS 12.1

Another had or having similar issues and been able to get it resolved please.

Many thanks
David
4 REPLIES 4
Your Community Expert

Re: Mobile app- Debit in Pounds????

Hi @Bedford, I'm sorry to hear about this. Please get in touch with our Online Helpdesk on 0345 300 3511 (24/7) and one of our advisers will be able to troubleshoot this issue for you. I hope this helps!

Just Getting Started

I've spoken to Tescos and it appears that adding 'Debit in Pounds' to all UK transaction descriptions on mobile devices which would only ever be in pounds and takes up screen space is a NEW Tesco feature...
With NEW features like this we now really are living the dream!
Somebody please sorry it 👍
Your Community Expert

I’m sorry that you feel this way @Bedford. I’ll ensure this is logged as feedback for you, so we can continue to improve our services - Cheryl

Highlighted
Just Getting Started

I'm just very surprised every other user of Tesco mobile banking app on their phone is happy with this... 😩

Now, how to switch bank accounts?........