Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
89984members
25943posts

Minimum Payment

Highlighted
Little helper

Minimum Payment

Does Tesco still take minimum payment if you make higher payment. I paid a higher amount & they still took minimum payment from my bank which has left me overdrawn, I will now have charges from my bank. I need to know for future as I will not make payment until minimum payment has gone out & credited

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Re: Minimum Payment

Hi @Mavmax, sorry to hear about this. Can you please send over a private message to @Anonymous including your full name, DOB and postcode? I'll then be able to look into this further for you.

Highlighted
Here to help

Avoid using Direct Debits. Set up a Standing order to make a payment of a regular amount to avoid missing a payment. I usually set up one for say £50per month on a credit card so I never miss a payment. Then when I see the statement I pay the balance or less as I wish.  Standing orders require you to give instructions to the bank whereas with direct debits you are giving another institution the right to dip into your bank account. 

Highlighted
Little helper

Mine did that so I cancelled the DD and put myself a reminder in Outlook to pay it each month.  I ended up in credit as I had zero balance but it still took the minimum DD, that's why I cancelled it and just pay through the site now