Insurance payment to credit card taking ages to show.

Hello.
    Following surgery my income protection cover has started ( excellent service from Cardiff Pinnacle). They made a payment directly to my Tesco cc on 01/03/19 ( confirmation received from them electronically and in writing ) which still isn't showing ten days later, how long should this take to process? Eighteen months ago I had the first stage of this surgery, again the insurers were excellent but the time it took from payment made to payment showing varied by up to ten days so how long should I leave it before calling? Obviously I will ensure I make a payment as well to ensure it does not go past the due date but that somewhat defeats the object of having the insurance.
  • 4 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    You’re welcome. Please just give us a call when you’re able to and please advise us of your recent hospital stay too in relation to this. It may be that we need to trace the payment and relate it to your specific account, however it would be best to give us a call when you can and we can look into this further. Rest for now and get well soon :) - Cheryl
    Your Community Expert
    Hey there, thank you for getting in touch. We normally advise that it takes 2 business days for payments to clear towards your credit card. I’m sorry that this seems to be taking longer than expected. I’m afraid we’re also limited in what we can discuss through this channel. It would be best to give us a call when you can anytime on 0345 300 4278 and my colleagues will be happy to help once security is confirmed. I hope this helps :) - Cheryl
    Thanks. As I said it has happened previously with no obvious explanation ( you advised the payment couldn't have been made as advised by the insurers or you would have processed it. However after numerous back and forth conversations you ' found it ' and credited the account backdating the payment by a week. I suspect this will be similar but will call once home from the hospital.
    Hi Cheryl
    Thank you, I will do. Happily the available balance has changed today to reflect the amount paid on the 1st with the actual payment shown as credited to the account on the 3rd ( which strangely was a Sunday ) so it has arrived albeit slightly slowly.