Free Online Financial Education Course - Open University

Above and beyond
    I would like to share the launch of a completely free, 6 part financial education course with Open University. This may be a good time to consider our finances, and i hope that some community members will benefit by doing so. The six sessions covered are as follows:-1) Making good spending decisions. Develops your approach to money management by exploring behavioural and marketing pressures and looking at a four-stage decision-making model.
    2) Budgeting & taxation. Calculate net income, how national insurance and tax work, and build a budget.
    3) Borrowing money. How different debts work, the differences between them, and the dangers.
    4) Understanding mortgages. Incl interest rates, repayments and how mobile bills etc could stop you getting accepted.
    5) Saving & investing. How they differ, savings options and investment basics (eg, how shares/funds work).
    6) Planning for retirement. Both for those retiring imminently and those who have many years to go. It looks at how state pensions, occupational pension schemes and personal pension schemes work, and the differences between them. Please access via this link, https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/redir/11e725c2 Hope this helps !
  • 2 Replies

• Verified Answer

Above and beyond
    Verified Answer
    Thanks I'm delighted that you've found this information useful to you and the family.Best Wishes, Chris,
    Supervisor
    Thanks very much for this. Definitely pass this onto my family as we could all learn a bit more regard8ng our finances