DISGRACEFUL / DISAPPOINTING SERVICE FROM TESCO BANK

I was assured a "urgent call" back within 24 hours by Tesco Bank (Laura) - it is now 48 hours and I am still waiting and waiting

And this is me simply returning a call from Tesco Bank to me last week Wednesday - I called back on Wednesday later in the day and they didnt seem to know what they were doing. I tried again on Friday and they still didnt seem to know what they were doing, promising me a call back "urgently" within 24 hours (on Saturday). I challenged Laura as to whether a call back would be made on Saturday and whether that area / department was open. I was assured it was.

Unsurprsingly (genuinely) this didnt happen

The service at Tesco Bank is extremely very poor - it is absolutely pathetic and I have had nothing but bother generally since being with Tesco Bank and it seems to be getting much much worse, than better

My blood and fury is absolutely boiling - can it be right that Tesco Bank are so pathetic?

• 18 Replies

Imagine applying for a Tesco Current account ONLINE via SECURE ONLINE / LOGGED IN STATUS (existing Tesco Bank customer) on 1st Nov - you can even see your application in a "pending" status on your internet banking By 15th Nov you have heard nothing and then call - the Tesco Bank Advisor who calls himself Jed re-does the application over telephone and assures you "this application has now gone through" Snap shot 2 months later in Janaury - YOU ARE STILL WAITING FOR NEWS / INFO / LETTERS ON YOUR APPLICATION - even though you have applied "twice", initially online and then via Jed on telephone.......but ....nothing !!! You then have to ring and chase and chase and follow up..... Eventually gets "sorted" in early February some 3 months later from the first online application made securely within online banking Then a few days later in Feb, Tesco Bank suspend applications .......so if your intentions were to have 2 current accounts in Nov (at the initial outset that was your plan - as you are "allowed or permitted" and this was your intention)......is this FAIR? Because of Tesco Bank pause ....customer has to "wait" a further 2 months for applications to re-open to find the criteria have changed and "old" accounts / customers are unaffected . If Tesco Bank had dealt with the initial application promptly and efficiently ...this customer would not be in this "boat" and possibly had 2 current accounts on old criteria / old T&C Given the T&C on "new" account have also changed for "new" applications but old customers are unaffected (this customer could've been an old custoner on both accounts had the customer been dealt with properly).. Is there a system to put the customer on the old T&C given that Tesco Bank have messed up from the beginning and as a result customer has been disadvantaged for no fault of their own ?
    If we include Saturday which Laura advised / confirmed was a day this department / team were working,.... then WELL OVER 48 hours have now elapsed...... which is what Laura generally also advised is when arranged call backs by Tesco Bank were made (maximum) but she definately said she would mark as URGENT and get them to call me on Saturday (within 24 hours)

Now we are OVER 48 hours - even beyond their maximum call back time - and Tesco Bank have failed

Very very very very poor service from Tesco Bank - extremely, embarrassingly poor

Can someone at Tesco Bank take this matter seriously
    Just seen another post about Tesco Bank and bad service, commented there - the service is definitely not good I am not a Tesco Bank customer and I will definitely not be joining Tesco Bank if this is how they respond
    Thanks for your comments - service and promises are really bad - up to you whether you can stomach such bad service. Yes 72 hours and STILL clock is ticking - no action from Tesco Bank - even though was marked as urgent and assured a call back within 24 hours They have no idea what they are doing
    Life is too short for rubbish service

I'm gone... Good luck !

Tesco bank should pull their socks up
    Especially when it's your money and looking after it - your bank must be spot on and efficient

This is really poor - good lucl
    Employee
    Hi ,

I'm really sorry to hear about this! It's certainly not how we would ever want our customers to feel and we would like to investigate this further for you to find out what has happened and ensure that someone calls you back ASAP.

We just need some details for you so that we can locate your account, if you can send us a private message to our account by clicking the green 'Send a Message' button at the top right which will start up a private conversation with yourself and our team.

In the message please explain your situation briefly and include your name, date of birth, postcode and, if you have it, mobile number.

For details like your DOB, postcode and phone number, we ask for you to format it with additional spaces, i.e. A B 1 2 C D, 2 4 1 0 2 0 1 6 and 0 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 otherwise the information is removed by the system for security purposes.

- Michelle
    Michelle Thank you for your reply I can further report the SHOCKING LACK OF SERVICE from Tesco Bank After having been assured by Laura, who is a Manager at Tesco Bank, on Friday last week I would get a call back within 24 hours as she was marking at urgent, no call has been received Friday to Saturday is 24 hoursFriday to Monday (excluding Sunday ofcourse is 48 hours)Friday to Tuesday is 72 hoursFriday to Wednesday (today) is 96 hours.....AND NO CALL BACK AS PROMISED So after 96 hours I have not had a call back that was promised within 24 hours, having been told that call backs are "usually" within 48 hours Well it is DOUBLE the usual 48 Hours and still no call back This is absolutely terrible service beyond comprehension
    Employee
    I'm really sorry to read about the issues that you've had and I can see that Eileen is looking into this for you now.