Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
95058members
28630posts

Chargeback Delay

Highlighted
Here to help

Chargeback Delay

Are any other customers having difficulty getting Tesco to fulfil their responsibilities in processing chargebacks? I requested that Tesco bank process two chargebacks eight weeks ago - the legal limit of them to process under consumer law, but they are putting many obstacles in the way to avoid processing. They are not allowing my husband, a joint card holder to raise a query, and I cannot register independently because they do not accept the same email address that we jointly share. As a customer of many years that I thought was valued I feel very let down.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Re: Chargeback Delay

Hi @villalucia, sorry to hear this. We would need to speak to the card holder to provide an update, I'm afraid. Are you able to contact us via Facebook or Twitter for an update? Otherwise, you will need to call us. 

Highlighted
Safe hands

Hi @villalucia 

I'm extremely sorry to hear about this,  it must be extremely stressful for you.
There is another way to deal with this, and i am pleased to assist you..👍

Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' to get this checked out for you, and provide an appropriate response. to do this please proceed as follows :-

Click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.

In the top right of the page click 'Send a Message'.

A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.

Complete it and send your message securely.

Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.

Hope this helps!! @CSKBrambles 

Highlighted
Here to help

Thank you for your reply but unfortunately I am no longer able to send private messages - perhaps Tesco Bank has amended my account?

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Sorry about that. Can you try and send one over now? - Chris 

Highlighted
Safe hands

Hi @villalucia   

Tesco Bank has amended that now, please retry and send your private message.

Hope it works ! @CSKBrambles 

Highlighted
Safe hands

Hi @villalucia 

Just a quick follow up to check that you sent a 'private message', and have received a reply ?

Kind Regards, @CSKBrambles 

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hi @villalucia, sorry to hear this, could you please send us a message to @Tesco-Bank for me to look in to this for you.

Highlighted
Safe hands

Hi @villalucia 

Are you able to send a private message now?

@AmandaB  has sent you a reply and asked for you to send a message so it can be looked into.

Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' to get this checked out for you, and provide an appropriate response. to do this please proceed as follows :-

Click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.

In the top right of the page click onto 'Send a Message'.

A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.

Complete it and send your message securely.

Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.

Warm wishes, @25H 

Highlighted
Here to help

Hi,

yes, am getting nowhere.  Got a call on 27th May saying it will be dealt with as Service Not Received.  Emailed to find out what was happening, it said 8 weeks' time.  This was 8th July.  Been pushed from pillar to post since, via FB messenger, Tesco community and now can't reply to the Private Message from ThomasC asking for more details.

Ridiculous.