CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE - IS THIS TESCO BANK'S FAULT?

Imagine applying for a Tesco Current account ONLINE via SECURE ONLINE / LOGGED IN STATUS (existing Tesco Bank customer) on 1st Nov - you can even see your application in a "pending" status on your internet banking By 15th Nov you have heard nothing and then call - the Tesco Bank Advisor who calls himself Jed re-does the application over telephone and assures you "this application has now gone through" Snap shot 2 months later in Janaury - YOU ARE STILL WAITING FOR NEWS / INFO / LETTERS ON YOUR APPLICATION - even though you have applied "twice", initially online and then via Jed on telephone.......but ....nothing !!! You then have to ring and chase and chase and follow up..... Eventually gets "sorted" in early February some 3 months later from the first online application made securely within online banking Then a few days later in Feb, Tesco Bank suspend applications .......so if your intentions were to have 2 current accounts in Nov (at the initial outset that was your plan - as you are "allowed or permitted" and this was your intention)............is this FAIR? Because of Tesco Bank pause ....customer has to "wait" a further 2 months for applications to re-open to find the criteria have changed and "old" accounts / customers are unaffected . If Tesco Bank had dealt with the initial application promptly and efficiently ...this customer would not be in this boat and possibly had 2 current accounts on old criteria / old T&C Given the T&C on "new" account have also changed for "new" applications but old customers are unaffected (this customer could've been an old custoner on both accounts had the customer been dealt with properly).. Is there a system to put the customer on the old T&C given that Tesco Bank have messed up from the beginning and as a result customer has been disadvantaged for no fault of their own ?
  • 6 Replies

Wow - 3 months to open a bank account, having done it also twice, and being an existing Tesco Bank customer. Seems odd, very long and completely unacceptable from customer's viewpoint. I am not a Tesco Bank customer, was browsing here with a view to open an account and stumled across all of these chats and forums - Your experience has not been good and would seriously deter me from joining. I think if it had taken that long to open the account and then they stopped new applications, they should put you on the old regime- definitely Tesco Bank's fault in my opinon
    Employee
    Hi

I can see you've been in touch via private message. I hope all is resolved to your satisfaction!

Thanks,
    Ash
    Why has the post disappeared from the community forum?
    Employee
    Hi , we've not deleted any posts, but we have moved them onto the relevant message boards to keep everything tidy :-)
    how do I find it on the relevant messaging boards Can you give me the exact location of where to find this one on the relevant messaging board and my OTHER 2 POSTS AS WELL I think I had 2 threads and of that - 1 thread became 2 (so in a way 3 threads or 2.5 threads) Can you let me know where these are as I cant find them (step by step please)
    Employee
    If you click into your profile, you'll find a full list of everything that you've posted in Community.

Here's a link here!