0% Balance transfer credit card

Hi hoping somebody can help I can't seem to find any information on my question.I have a 0% fee on a balance transfer I made a couple of months ago. Now the problem I have is that I have paid my credit card bill early the last two months because of a miss understanding on when the statement date was.So I thought I was doing a good by paying a little early each month but I was told because I paid just before the statement was drawn up I incuured a late payment fee even though I have paid more than the min payment and early. After a bit of explaing and a refund on a late payment fee I have managed to sort it out ( apart from the fact that this will be on my credit score as a late payment even though I was trying to pay it early lol) My main question is will this effect my 0% interest agreement. Thankyou to anybody who can set me staight.
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Supervisor
    Verified Answer
    Hello there. When liasing with the Tesco Bank Credit Card team have they mentioned if the original 0% Balance Transfer Offer has reverted to the card's standard APR? It might be worth checking your latest statement (if you're registered for Online Servicing either using a browser or the app) or paper statement if you receive them through the post. On the last page at the bottom you'll see a "Summary of Balances". If your promotional rate has been revoked you'll see if the outstanding balance will attract interest. Going forward wait until the statement has been generated and make sure your payment reaches the account before the due date. This'll be reported as a positive on your credit files and in time your "late payments" will have less of an effect overall.