Changing Product

Hello, I currently have a Tesco Credit Card with a healthy balance and credit limit. I noticed recently that you do a low APR card, and was wondering if it was possible to change my account type to this (without account opening perks)? Is that possible, or would the only way be to close my existing account and apply for a new one? Thanks,Phil
  • 7 Replies

Employee
    Hi Phil

Thanks for getting in touch.

We do offer a low APR card, but we don't have a switching process that allows existing Credit Card customers to transfer over.

To apply for the low APR card, you are correct in saying you would need to close down your original Credit Card account and wait 6 months to reapply for the low APR card.

Many thanks

Kate - Customer Care

Mod edit - You can also apply for a 2nd credit card. You can have a maximum of 2 Tesco Bank credit cards at the one time.
    Last edited by ChristinaG; 25-01-21 at 12:25.
    Thank you! P.S. The email that tells me to thank you has a broken link here: Plaintext version:
    Code:
    Just log in to The Community - Tesco Bank [${thread.webUi.url}] and accept their answer, and we'll email to let them know.
    HTML version:
    Code:
    <p style=3D"color: #222222; font-family: Verdana,sans-ser=
    if; font-size: 14px; font-weight: normal; line-height: 19px; margin: 0; mar=
    gin-bottom: 10px; padding: 0; text-align: left;">If this was the answer you=
     were looking for why not thank the person that helped you?</p>
                      <p style=3D"color: #222222; font-family: Verdana,sans-ser=
    if; font-size: 14px; font-weight: normal; line-height: 19px; margin: 0; mar=
    gin-bottom: 10px; padding: 0; text-align: left;">Just log in to <a class=3D=
    "thread-url" href=3D"${thread.webUi.url}" style=3D"color: #00716d; font-wei=
    ght: bold; text-decoration: none;">The Community from
                        The Community - Tesco Bank</a> and accept their answer=
    , and we'll email to let them know.</p>
    Former Community Manager
    Thanks  we've had some issues with the emails so we're taking a look at this, Jamie.
    Is their anyway I can apply for a new credit card, and take the limit over to my existing credit card so in essence I have 2 limits if I am unable to increase my limit on my existing card?
    Hi ,

You can apply for a new credit card even if we cannot increase the limit on your existing card, however, the new credit card would be opened under a normal process, where we do a credit search and offer you a card or limit according to your circumstances. If you were successful in opening a second card you would have two cards with different credit limits and these cannot be "merged".
    Supervisor
    Just a quick pointer: on your website it says you cannot apply for a Tesco Bank credit card if you already hold one: "You don’t currently hold more than 1 Tesco Bank Credit Card" If it is possible to open a second account (with a different limit etc) then perhaps the following text needs to be removed?
    Hi ,

I think you've misread that line, which is basically saying "You can't apply if you already have more than one card". It did take me a moment to think about what it was saying to understand it, so I've fed back that it's not the clearest wording and we'll look at amending it.