OFX / QIF File Format - No Longer Supported

Supervisor
    @silverreader Natwest online banking provides .ofx downloads. I find this is a lot better than .qif since I get multiple accounts (inc. Credit Cards) in a single download.
    Just to echo the dissatisfaction of most of the posters on here - have used the qif dowload facility for many years now in conjunction with money software programs to track finances - csv and tsv files are no good for me at all - if the qif facility doesnt come back in the next couple of months I will be dumping the card.
    On the look out
    I use Ace Money - importing QIF works brilliantly but CSV in the "Payee" column just has a load of random numbers and the debit and credit transactions are in the same column when you open the spreadsheet !!!! - Why o Why have Tesco Bank (HSBC) taken this really useful function away - it saves so much time , all my other accounts from Santander/Nationwide work fine with QIF - this is a massive step backwards , i have 50-70 transactions a month that i will now have to manually type as i use this card for food/fuel and internet stuff - that will take ages .

Nice one Tesco , what idiot in IT decided in a meeting "i know - we will take away this UNIVERSAL format everyone else uses " as i dont think anybody uses accounting software anymore - well, they do, like many other thousands of people , use Microsoft Money/Ace Money/Moneydance/UNAB etc for personal accounting - geez thanks for that !!!!!!
    Just looking
    I've also just registered a login to add to the displeasure at the removal of the QIF download facility.

I've been with Tesco for many years and use the card for most of my monthly CC expenditure for convenience. Having to jump through hoops just to be able to reconcile my accounts (I use YNAB) a few times a month is not something I'm going to do.

Future (potential) of the feature being re-added is of no use to me today. I too will take the opportunity to look around for switching to an alternative CC company. I've only stayed a Tesco customer due to convenience, despite the reduction in Clubcard perks / points earnings in recent years.
    Supervisor
    @silverreader
    NATWest current account offers OFX downloads (see screen grab attached) which work with Money 04 without any mods. I'm checking with the credit Card customer support today, Natwest CC rewards earned on spending can be taken in Cash.

Attachment 134
    Just looking
    I'm afraid that there is no current plans to reinstate OFX downloads on online banking, we recently updated the platform which means that we are no longer able to support these formats @rmh56 but I will record your comments as feedback.

Hi RossM. I can absolutely understand that you are choosing not to support these formats, but please don't insult our intelligence by declaring that you can't. I am sure that your development team is perfectly capable of reimplementing something that you had until a few weeks ago.
    Just looking
    Perhaps the most disappointing thing about this Tesco, is that this is 2021, not 1975. It may have escaped your attention but we've gone digital and that means that many of your customers have digital dependencies on your services. I say this in all earnestness, if you need any help with customer experience, user research, analytics, change management, user experience or agile software development then please give me a call, because to remove a function that clearly so many depend on, without giving them warning, releasing a workaround (a simple web app at least) or seeking their opinion is an epic IT fail that I would not expect from someone like Tesco.
    Window shopper
    I just had a conversation on the phone with a customer service agent (originally phoned about something), and he told me that it will be coming back. Hopefully it is, but seeing as he overacted to my tone of voice I'm not convinced.
    Your Community Expert
    Hi @Ronski, I'm really sorry but we don't have any plans to bring this back. Due to recent updates to our online banking platform we're no longer able to support these formats. Apologies that my colleague has provided the wrong information when you called. We'll feed back all comments received on this thread to our team to review moving forward.
    Just looking
    Can anyone recommend a credit card provider that allows you to download transactions in OFX/QIF format. I export into Bank Tree. As this can no longer be done with Tesco I am going to have to move provider.