Can't Restore My Credit Limit

Just looking
    I decided to get another credit card. All done and dusted - but the new card supplier gave me a credit limit way over what was happy with - and showed they weren't interested n reducing it to an acceptable limit. So I cancelled that card which they have actioned. All well and good....nearly.

As part of the process to limit my exposure I reduced my credit limit on my TescoBank card - and now have to wait 10 months to restore it to what it was. So I'm stuck in a time trap due to managing my credit limit. I'm not looking to increase my limit beyond what it had been for several years but thanks to TescoBank policy I'm stuck in a void - TescoBank will lose out as instead of using my card I'll use PayPal instead. TescoBank had me as a happy customer who paid the full balance every month, so strangling me by not allowing another change for 10 months isn't helping their business.
  • 3 Replies

• Verified Answer

Community superstar
    Verified Answer
    Hi @KmxSoft

I'm sorry to hear of the dilemma you're in.
    The best thing to do is to give the Credit Card team a quick call on 0345 300 4278 who will be only too happy to help.

Alternatively you could send Tesco Bank a private message from here and ask if they're able to look into this for you.

Click on this link: https://community.tescobank.com/...newpm&u=447614
    Complete it with your message and include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    Click 'Submit Message' and this will send your message securely and privately.

Hope this helps!!

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Just looking

The best thing to do is to give the Credit Card team a quick call on 0345 300 4278 who will be only too happy to help.

Done that. Response was that under no circumstances could any changes to credit lmit (up or down) be considered until 10 months had passe since a change had been made.

I can understand this process as they are probably overwhelmed by people wanting to change their limit, perhaps especially with the recently announced budget changes and looming interest rate increases which will squeeze personal budgets. But I was slightly surprised that having tried to manage my budget responsibly I managed to insert a 10 month delay.

Perfectly understandable if I had wanted to raise the limit, but in reality I'm just trying to return back to the limit which had been in place before I made the change.
    Community superstar
    Hi @KmxSoft

I'm sorry to hear the Credit Card team could not restore your credit limit to what it was.

You state that you pay off your balance each month.
    An option is as you spend on your card to make payments mid month to manage your credit limit. This can be done as many or as few times as you want.
    e.g you have available credit of £2000 spend £100 on your card this reduces your available credit by £100 to £1900.
    After a couple of days your account will show the £100 as a balance to be paid.
    You pay £100 (you cannot pay more than your shown balance) and after its been processed your available credit goes back up to £2000.

Have a lovely weekend, Caz @25H