Additional card holder number

my wife is an additional tesco clubcard credit card holder on my account and uses it regularly. It’s fine using tesco pay+.
    but, as we know you cannot register a tesco credit card on samsung pay. that's an important exclusion by tesco that needs correcting, but that's a different topic.
    on the tesco community i found a "work around" to use the tesco credit card with samsung pay and still receive the club card points. using samsung pay is so important because of the covid19 virus and it helps avoiding touching payment terminals.
    i opened a curve account and registered my tesco credit card as the preferred payment card when i use the curve card. the curve card can be used on samsung pay. all good so far.
    when my wife tried to register her additional card on her curve account it wasn't accepted. on contacting curve this is because my wife's card has exactly the same 16 digit card number as mine. 2 cards with the same number cannot be registered.
    is it possible my wife's additional card on my account can be given a different 16 digit number, very much like other banks.
    thank you.
  • 3 Replies

Community superstar
    Hi @kevinbwfm
    Your wife's card is an extension of your account so I can't see how it is possible to have a different number.
    However I would suggest you send Tesco Bank a Private Message to see if they're able to assist you with your dilema.
    Please click on this link @Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.

Complete it and send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode
    You will receive a reply to your private message.

Warm wishes, Caroline 25H
    Above and beyond
    Hi @kevinbwfm
    Your wife would need to apply for a separate curve account in her own name for this to be possible.
    However I would suggest you send Tesco Bank a Private Message to see if they're able to do anything different to assist you.
    Please click on this link @Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.

Kindest regards, Chris, @CSKBrambles
    thank you for your suggestion of a private message, i'll do it now.
    regards.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi @kevinbwfm
    Your wife would need to apply for a separate curve account in her own name for this to be possible.
    However I would suggest you send Tesco Bank a Private Message to see if they're able to do anything different to assist you.

Kindest regards, Chris, @CSKBrambles

my wife has her own individual curve account, separate to mine. curve will only allow a credit card number to be set up in one curve account now two separate ones. curve are looking to change this, but not immediately.
    thank you for your suggestion of a private message, i'll do it now.
    regards, kevin