New on line banking app changes

Yes please, I really dont like this new app
    With the previous layout all my accounts could be viewed at a glance, my current, savings and credit card were displayed on one page. Now I have to scroll up an down to view them (are you trying to confuse me over my total figures?) when I click on 'manage my account' to get to the old layout, I can see my current and savings accounts, but not my credit card, I have to click back again to see that, if I hadn't jotted down that balance previously. My credit card spending is an important part of my overall balance, I would like to view that at the same time as my other accounts. Last, but not least - previously, when the balances were displayed on one page, I could log on, take a screenshot, then log off and check balances off line. I think those are the main reasons I find the new 'improved' layout less efficient.
    Employee
    Hi there @Larry57

I am sorry to hear that you find the new layout to be less efficient than the one we had in place prior to the update.

I can log these comments as feedback if you'd like, then that way the product design team will be able to keep this in mind when putting together the next version of the app.

Let me know if this would be okay.

Jay
    Can you please give us a link to the post where "this change was influenced directly by a member of this forum" I have just been on the phone complaining about this as well, that prompted me to sign up for the "forum".If a website is prperly user-friendly and transparent to not only the developers it would not be neccessary.I've been using the wwweb something like twenty years, and it seems to me that developers do make assumptions from their own inside knowledge, they don't alow for the fact that because they know where to find their way that any total stranger will also find it easily. They hide important links in obscure places while irrelevancies shout in your face.The new web lay-out (I take we are talking about internet banking on PC, not a mobile app) are a complete departure from accounting tradition of figures in columns as well as being completely unneccessary; they simply bring us back to the original landing page which provides all the information needed to manage accounts. The new pages tell how much we have got, but no facility to move money. ( 9 times out of ten I log in to move money; now I have two extra mouse clicks and page loads before I get there. I feel sorry for people who don't have a fast connection.....To me the new lay-out is a headache. OK, if other people like it, let them have it, but please give us an opt out choice. ( Don't show this page again???)The original landing page ( Account Overview) was perfectly fine and adequate and thats where I want to be when I log in.
    Employee
    The changes made to the online banking platform you're referring to, , were influenced by the results of a beta ran with members of The Community, along with general feedback we receive on a daily basis through this channel, social media, and our contact centres.

The mobile app changes did not come about as a result of a beta stage, but were designed to make things easier and more transparent for customers, but I believe your comments are exclusively in relation to the online banking website.

I can understand your frustration regarding this if you mainly use the site for transferring funds which the new account overview page doesn't allow for. However, many customers felt they would prefer to have more information readily available on the home screen, which prompted the changes we've made.

I'll be sure to pass on your feedback regarding the opt-out feature, I realise this would save you, and possibly others, some time when using the site.
    Thank you, Adam.I can confirm that I refer only to the on-line banking website; I don't use a smartphone for anything to do with money. My main objection to the new overview pages is that it that they are not laid out in traditional date ordered columns and therefore difficult to read and hence liable to be misinterpeted. Making the boxes BIG and SHOUTY does not improve legibility.THAT is what hurts more than the odd mouse click and microseconds delay while pages load...nevertheless that is a pain in a time where we are constantly needing to agree to cookies and close pop-up boxes in order to proceed. Its true that at present I am using my Tesco Bank accounts simply for making the most of and shuffling my meager assets however they are also in place as a back-stop in case of breakdowns happening with other banks affecting accounts which handle my income and regular outgoings.It is also true that I am particularly handicapped in respect of reading numericals; however not everybody has the same degree of skill in reading figures as bank clerks, financial workers or indeed web developers.....
    Jay Irvines reply to Larry47 (Wednesday) seems rather fatuous to me, why should Jay require Larry's permission to log his observations as feedback? It quite obviously is feedback, what else is the purpose of this virtual community if not to post feedback and/or receive assistance?
    Former Community Manager
    Hi , we can record any feedback as anonymous. However, when it comes from a specific user (and recorded as such), we would always ask for their permission. I hope this clarifies things for you.
    Surely such feedback will be reported in any case; even as anonymous? Surely permission is implicit as the poster has implied permission by posting? What is the purpose of this forum if not, among other things, to gather feedback? Does this mean that my feed-back will not be reported without explicit permission?I don't get it.
    Former Community Manager
    We take all our customers feedback on board regardless of the method of which it is received. The process is the same either via Phone, Social Media or via this board that we would either ask to record feedback or mention that we've recorded our customer's comments as feedback.