Back in September 2020, we were one of the first banks to launch a new service called Pay by Bank. Now you can make a payment to your Tesco Bank Credit Card directly from your bank account, even if it’s with a different bank, using our Online Banking.
How does it work?
Pay by Bank sends a secure instruction to your other bank, telling them to send the money from your account to your Tesco Bank Credit Card. Just now you can only use this service with other banks based in the UK that have signed up to Pay by Bank.
Have you tried it?
We’ve already had some positive feedback from customers who have used Pay by Bank and we’d love to hear more about your experiences.
- How have you found using Pay by Bank?
- If you’ve decided to use Pay by Bank as your preferred payment choice, tell us why.
- If you’ve decided not to try making a payment using Pay by Bank, let us know your reasons.
- Tell us your ideas for improvements to Pay by Bank.
If you haven’t tried using Pay by Bank, and you’d like to give it a try, here are a few helpful tips:
- Log in to Online Banking, click on your credit card account and select Make a Payment from the dropdown menu.
- Choose Pay by Bank and enter the amount you’d like to pay.
- Choose your bank from the list and check all your payment details are correct and then select Confirm.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete your payment request.
- Your bank will carry out checks on your account to confirm if the payment can be made.
After the payment has been successfully processed, details will be shown in your transactions and will be included in your monthly statements.
Let us know how you get on.
Do you need some help?
06-07-21, 09:38RossMOnline Banking - Pay by Bank
I have used 'Pay by Bank' to pay my Tesco Credit Card which I found it to be really easy and straight forward even with my bank being a different bank to Tesco Bank.
The steps to complete the transaction were very clear, concise, effortless and it worked perfectly.
It's a great alternative to pay using Tesco Bank's online banking which is my prefered way.
That's Brilliant @25H . Is there anything you would like added to this or anything that could make the process easier for you to use?
It was very straight forward.
Of course the first time I didn't know what to expect and took it step by step. The instructions were clear and simple to follow.
It did seem to take a little longer to complete the process but that was probably because I wasn't familiar with it.
Hey @25H think you would use it again?
Definitely and I have. It worked perfectly, was straight forward, clear instructions and did what it says on the tin !!!!
© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved