- Does the retailer have a different trading name on your statement? We’ve put together a list of common retailers and their trading names below – this may help you to identify the transaction.
- Have you signed up to a subscription, or taken advantage of a free trial where you’ve been asked to enter your card details?
- If you have any additional cardholders, have you asked them if they recognise the transaction?
- Can you contact the retailer and ask them what the transaction is for?
If you still aren’t able to identify the transaction, you can phone us on 0345 300 4278 (Credit Cards) or 0345 835 3353 (Current Accounts) and we can help. So we can help you as quickly as possible, please make sure you have the following information available:
- Your credit card number or your sort code and account number
- The date and merchant name on the transaction you don’t recognise (you can find this on Online Banking, the Mobile App or your paper statement)
If you believe you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact us immediately on 0345 366 1281.
Calls may be recorded. *This number may be included as part of any inclusive call minutes provided by your phone operator.