When you miss a credit card payment here's what may happen:
- We’ll send you a letter or SMS to let you know you’ve missed a payment
- You may be charged a Late Payment Fee of £12, which will be taken in your next statement period. You’ll see this charge as a transaction wherever you check your spending - in Online Banking, our Mobile Banking App, or on your monthly statement.
- If you pay by Direct Debit and there wasn’t enough money in your account, you may also receive a Returned Direct Debit Fee of £12
- If you have any 0% interest rates, these may be withdrawn
- A missed payment marker may be noted on your credit file, which could impact your ability to borrow money
- Spending on your card may also be blocked until your payments are up to date
You can make up a missed payment using any of your ways to pay your Credit Card. To avoid missing payments, you might want to set up a Direct Debit or set up alerts to remind you when your payment is due.
If you’ve missed your loan payment by less than 14 days and usually pay by Direct Debit, we’ll automatically attempt to take the payment again within 10-14 days. If you'd like to make up your payment before then please call us so we can stop your Direct Debit from trying to go through again.
When you miss a loan payment, we’ll send you a letter or text to let you know. We might also note this on your credit file, which could affect your ability to borrow money in future.
If you miss your loan payment by more than 14 days, then you can make it up through our various ways to pay.
Your policy may be cancelled if a payment is missed so it’s important you contact us as soon as possible on 0345 030 3188*.
*Calls may be recorded. This number may be included as part of any inclusive call minutes provided by your phone operator.