• I am travelling to Europe and have a European Health Insurance Card. Do I still need travel insurance?

    Travel insurance provides benefits over and above the medical treatment costs that are covered by the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or the new replacement card GHIC.

    EU, EEA or Switzerland
    If you are travelling to countries within the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland you are strongly advised to obtain a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). This will entitle you to benefit from the health care arrangements which exist between countries within the EU/EEA or Switzerland.

    If you have Tesco Bank Travel Insurance and we agree to pay for a medical expense claim which has been reduced because you have used either a European Health Insurance Card or private health insurance, we will not deduct the excess under Section 2 of the policy booklets – Medical emergency and repatriation expenses.
    Was this article useful?

    Ask a question in the Community

    More and more customers are asking questions in the Tesco Bank Community, where our trusted community members and Tesco Bank colleagues can help

    Our door is always open, most customers find their question answered within 20 minutes of posting.

    © 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved