Should you suffer a breakdown or failure of the central heating boiler within your home, then:
- we will organise an Engineer to come to your home
- we will pay for the call-out, labour, parts, materials and VAT involved in repairing or remedying the breakdown and/or failure of the boiler
- if a new part is required, we will endeavour to source it in the quickest time possible
- if your boiler is beyond economic repair then we will pay an amount towards its replacement.
Damage caused by escape of water from your boiler or any water installation is covered under the home insurance policy itself.
For details of limits and exclusions please see your Policy Booklet. Home Emergency cover is underwritten by Interpartner Assistance SA
You can add home emergency via Your Insurance Account, which is available 24 hours a day.
- Once you log in, select the relevant policy
- Click on Make Changes from the home page
- Click Amend your details from the drop down menu
- Select the date you want your change to take effect from, read the statements carefully and if accepted, click Confirm
- Without making any changes, scroll down and click Continue
- You will then be presented with a screen that says there is no additional payment for your change, however you still need to add the chosen optional extra to your policy
- To do this, please scroll down to the Extend your cover section and choose your optional extra
- Click update your quote within the Your quote section. You will then be presented with the cost of adding this to your policy
- If you're happy and want to go ahead, click Go to checkout. If you do not want to go ahead, click Back to your account