Cover away from the home can be added to your policy for an increased premium. This provides cover up to £2,500 with a limit of £1,000 for a single bicycle.
You can add this to your policy via Your Insurance Account, which is available 24 hours a day. There will be no fee for making a change to your policy (when accepted via Your Insurance Account) but there will be an additional cost for adding this to your policy. To do this;
- Once you log in, select the policy you want to make the change on
- Click Make Changes, and then click Amend contents cover from the drop down menu
- Select the date you want your change to take effect from, read the statements carefully and if accepted, click Confirm
- Without making any changes, scroll down and click Continue
- You will then be presented with a screen that says there is no additional payment for your change, however you still need to add the bicycle cover to your policy
- To do this, please scroll down to the Extend your cover section and click add under Bicycle cover away from the home. We suggest clicking the More option after adding and reading the important information before proceeding
- Click update your quote within the Your quote section. You will then be presented with the cost of adding this to your policy and the option of adding any optional extras to your policy (also at an additional cost)
- If you're happy and want to go ahead, select monthly payment or pay in full. If you do not want to go ahead, click Back to your account
If your bicycle is kept in an outbuilding, it is covered under the contents in your outbuildings cover, which has a limit of £5,000 for all items.
If you have Tesco Finest Home Insurance, bicycles away from the home are automatically covered up to £5,000 with a limit of £2,000 per bicycle.
Cover away from the home is anywhere in the UK including your home and up to 60 days when you’re abroad.
Please check your Policy Schedule to check if you have this cover. Excesses and exclusions apply, for full details of the cover provided please see your Policy Booklet.