We need you to provide proof of the number of years NCD you have claimed within 14 days of purchase of your original policy. The NCD proof must:
- Be earned on a private car from an insurer authorised in the UK
- Have been earned in your name as the policyholder
- Be an original copy, written in English on company headed paper
- Be earned on a policy that expired less than 2 years ago
- Not being currently used to insure another vehicle
Sending us a copy of your renewal notice is fine. You can also usually request your previous insurer to supply a proof of NCD. If you can’t prove that you're entitled to this NCD when we ask you to, this may result in reduced settlement of a future claim or cancellation of your policy.