If you’re automatically accepted
If you're automatically accepted when you apply for your card, we will send you a text within 2 working days welcoming you to Tesco Bank. This will also contain confirmation of your delivery timescales.
If you’re referred
If we need make some further checks before making a decision on your application, we’ll get in touch within 5 days to let you know what we need.
If you're declined
If we're unable to offer you a credit card, we'll normally let you know the reason why as soon as we've processed your application.
What happens after you're accepted
- You’ll receive your card 5 - 7 days after your application is accepted, along with your Terms and Conditions, a copy of your credit agreement and your welcome booklet, which has lots of information that will help you get started with your new card.
- Your PIN will be sent separately. It’s normal to get this first.
- You’ll need to activate your card once you’ve received it before you can start using it.
- If you requested a balance transfer during your application, you'll need to activate your card within 60 days in order for this to be processed.
- If there are additional card holders on the account, activating your primary card will also activate their cards.